US $20 Gold Saint Gaudens Double Eagle
Choice Uncirculated MS65 NGC
Years 1907 to 1933
Beautiful, Certified, Authentic, High-Grade US Gold!
The Saint Gaudens Double Eagle is the most beautiful and famous coin in American History and has been a symbol of tangible wealth since 1907. These MS65 examples represent high-grade, choice quality coins. The $20 Saint Gaudens is a big coin with a long history. It is the story of two cousins, Theodore Roosevelt and Franklin D. Roosevelt. Theodore Roosevelt commissioned artist Augustus Saint Gaudens to bring to US coin designs. Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933 signed legislation that took the United States off the Gold Standard and all US gold coins were recalled and melted (except for those with special collector value).
It is estimated that at least half of all US Gold coins were melted, never again to be held in collections. Many were shipped to Europe as gold was the logical choice to Europeans as a protector of wealth. Today most high-grade US $20 gold coins come to the United States as an import from Europe having been stored there since 1933. There is but a handful of successful international coin buying firms that import the majority of these gold coins to the United States. Numis Network's rare coin buyer has agreements that allow exclusive access and the first chance to purchase from one of the largest importers of these high quality coins. You will only be offered screened coins that are in the top-tier of all MS65 Saint Gaudens. Our rejects are sold elsewhere (and probably for more than you will pay here). Graded MS65 this is a chance to own an American original.
- Obverse (front) shows Lady Liberty carrying the olive branch of peace and the torch of enlightenment
- Reverse depicts an in flight eagle
- Measures approx 34.0mm in diameter
- Weighs approx. 1.075 ounces
- Contains approx. .9675 oz. fine gold
- Dates of our choice (1907 to 1933)
- Grading service our choice either PCGS or NGC MS65 (If you prefer ANACS they are currently priced about 5% higher, please email for price and availability)
Encapsulated - for preservation and presentation